Where exactly in Italy do you organize your trip?
We are in the south east of Italy, in the regions of Basilicata and Puglia. There are splendid cities and villages such as Matera, Lecce, Bari, Alberobello, Otranto.
What services do you offer?
We offer you a complete package for a personalized and independent tour. We book hotels, visits with tourist guides in your language (French, English, German, Russian, Japanese, Spanish) the most characteristic restaurants and we give you the travel itinerary. If you wish we can also provide you with a car or a minivan with driver. Do you want to spend some days just relaxing at the beach or in the countryside? Do you prefer a bike or walking tour? No problem, we plan the trip the way you’d like it but with our experience!
Why organize this trip "Matera with Me"?
We specialize in this beautiful area of southern Italy. I, Mariangela, was born in Matera, I have been working for 20 years in the sector of tourism (I have a b & b in Florence) and I personally selected the most beautiful itineraries, chosen the best authorized tourist guides to accompany you, the top-notch restaurants and above all a series of interesting and fun activities for a fabulous holiday … trust me!
For how many people can I book?
If you are a single traveler we organize the trip just for you; but if you are a couple, one or more families or a group of friends we can organize the trip according to the number of people involved. Do you wish to do a yoga retreat, a holiday for just women, to celebrate an event? We organize tailor-made trips! If you are a small group you can also have a travel-companion available all the time.
How can I book? Follow the steps below
Have you decided to take this trip? Very well!
- simply fill out the form. Sending the form is just a request, it does not involve any commitment on your part. We will begin to work out the itinerary and we will send you a first proposal within 7 days with an idea of approximate budget per person
- Do you like to proceed and have a day by day detailed itinerary? Now we require a non-refundable, one-time flat planning fee in the amount of EUR 250,00 to cover our time organizing your trip.This amount will be deducted from the final balance as the proposal moves forward.
- Not perfect? We collaborate with you on every detail and redraft the original proposal until you are satisfied that it contains everything you want.
Contact us early and book in advance because we work with small charming residences, family businesses that have little availability and require a quick confirmation.
Can I book just a single guided tour?
Sorry but we only offer packages for a minimum of 3 nights which include stay and activities; in that way we can guarantee an authentic experience!
How do we get to Puglia and Basilicata?
Let us know how and where you wish to arrive in Italy and we will give you the best directions. The nearest airports are Bari and Brindisi. You can do a coast to cost trip from Napoli to Bari (or the other way around)
How much is this trip?
It depends on many factor: the time of year, the number of people, the hotels, the number of days and if you drive by yourself or you prefer transfers with a private driver. Keep in mind, however, that we have made quality choices and offer highly-qualified and exclusive services, this means our prices are priced accordingly. Here are some pricing guidelines for 2 people but, if you are more the price is lower !
- Classic Trips feature 3-star hotels and charming B&B’s, a mix of private and small group tours and possibly some private transfers. Estimate € 310 per person per day.
- Upscale Trips are a mix high-end and comfort including hand-picked 4-star accommodations, some visits with guide in your language, private transfers with driver. Estimate € 400 per person per day
- Luxury Vacations include the absolute best such as 5-star hotels, all private guides, private cars with driver. Estimate € 700 per person per day
We respect your budget, so please let us know if you have an idea of how much you want to spend. Please note we do not offer a breakdown of prices on the packages. Read carefully the terms of payment and cancellation.
Is a car necessary?
If you are interested in visiting only the cities you can use public transport, but if you would like to stop in the villages, watch a sunset on the sea or reach special places it would be better to rent a car (check the validity of your driving license in Italy) or else you can ask us for the service of a car or minivan with a driver. Honestly, yes, you need a car.
Can we contact you while we are travelling?
Certainly. We are in Italy and therefore always available should you need to contact us. In any case it will be our concern to make sure you are doing well and having fun!
Where will we be staying?
To make your experience authentic, we have selected special places to sojourn in. They have few rooms! Confirm your trip promptly so as to be sure to reserve your place. The standard of the hotels matches the photos. Although the rooms are not exactly the same ones, we guarantee the same quality.
At certain periods of the year some of the facilities mentioned are closed. But prior to your final confirmation we will warn you should there be any significant changes in the programme.
What shall I bring?
Travel light. If you need anything you can buy it. Absolutely comfortable shoes and clothes. The places we are visiting are old villages and often there are stairs, steep lanes and irregular paving. And then: sunglasses, hat, sunscreen and a bathing suit (if we are lucky with the weather) Unfortunately it is not a trip for those with mobility problems. Do not forget your Kindle or a good book and an adapter for the electricity. If you take medicines don’t forget to bring them with you.